7 - 10 years old
This is the second level of the EVDSC progression aiming to strengthen the techniques learned in the Pups level. This level will start to implement the fundamentals for breaststroke and butterfly swimming. The class will be 45 minutes and will strive to have a maximum of 6 swimmers / lane.
There are no performance requirements for this group
· Be able to complete sessions with ease;
· Have a grasp of fundamentals of all four strokes;
· Have regular attendance at practices;
· Start to attend competitions with rest of pod; and,
· Demonstrated ability to train.
There are no attendance expectations for this level. However consistent attendance to training is recommended to foster proficient technique development.
There are no competition expectations for green pod swimmers. Swimmers at this level may start to attend competitions in specified events by the coaching staff. Swimmers may attend the two EVDSC mini meets which are held throughout the winter season.
2 times a week for 45 minutes
$750 per season
9 - 13 years old
This squad will look to strengthen all four strokes which have been developed in the earlier squads. This is the first competitive squad of the EVDSC structure. The red pod will focus mainly on technique development and introduce advanced training techniques. These sessions will last 1 hour with an additional 15 minutes of dryland activities prior to practise. This group will aim have no more than six per lane.
Swimmers in this group are expected to regularly be attending competitions and completing sessions with ease.
· Ability to complete sessions with ease;
· Be proficient in all four strokes and other race techniques;
· Demonstrated ability to train and be self-motivated;
· Have regular attendance at practises;
· Regularly attending competitions; and,
· Close to, or achieving Provincial time standards.
Red pod swimmers are expected to be training a minimum of three times a week.
Swimmers in this level are expected to be consistently achieving and competing at swim meets. Swimmers should be aiming or working towards achieving Provincial standard times.
3 times a week for 60 minutes
$1000 per season
This is the highest of the EVDSC competitive structure. The blue pod aims to help develop technique and fitness specific to competitive swimming.
Swimmers at this level are expected to be competing at or above Provincial A standards.
As this is the highest level of the completive structure there are no progression requirements. If a swimmer wishes to cease their competitive involvement they may transfer to the masters squad depending on their age.
· 12 year olds 4-5 sessions a week
· 13 years old 5 sessions a week
· 14 year olds 5-6+
Competition and Training Expectations :
· Attend majority/all specified competitions
· Compete at a Provincial level with intentions on progression to the Western and National swimming levels
· Turn up at least 15 minutes early to complete dryland and dynamic stretching
· Make minimum attendance requirements
· Bring at least one water bottle per session (this will be required to train)
· Be a positive role model within the squad and for younger swimmers in the club
· Constantly update coach on any injuries or illness
· Give notice if he/she will miss a session
· Make up all missed sessions
· Compete in all events over the entirety of meets
· Ensure they make their events and write down their own events. If you are in blue pod it is your own responsibility to write down and make your events.
4 to 8 times a week for 90 - 120 minutes
$1500 / $2000 per season